Why I... Broke Myrtle's Nose

"Some time toward midnight Tom Buchanan and Mrs. Wilson stood face to face discussing, in impassioned voices, whether Mrs. Wilson had any right to mention Daisy's name.
'Daisy! Daisy! Daisy!' shouted Mrs. Wilson. 'I'll say it whenever I want to! Daisy! Dai –– '
Making a short deft movement, Tom Buchanan broke her nose with his open hand" (2.125-127).

Why I... Broke Myrtle's Nose
Why did I strike Myrtle you ask? Well, it was a combination of the way I was thinking and the way I was feeling given the circumstances of the night. I was experiencing a combination of disrespect, anger, confusion and a lack of control under the influence of the alcohol. I hit Myrtle because she deserved it. As I stated earlier, I should've done much worse to her. Women of her stature should know their place. She is so far beyond lucky that I am even seen with her in public. Her social and wealth stature is so far below me that a man like me should never even be seen associating with a woman like her. I hit Myrtle because she needed it. If I am going to continue pursuing this affair with her, she needs to know her place. If I tell you not to say my wife's name, you sure as hell better not say my wife's name. I am doing you a favor by coming into your life and giving you a taste of what your scummy husband could never even begin to provide for you. That being said, don't you dare treat me like anything less than what I am. 
I also hit Myrtle because I wasn't completely in control of all of my senses. That is not to say that I would not have hit Myrtle if I had been sober, as she completely deserved what came her way that night. I am simply stating that if the circumstances had been different, I might have been able to talk to her in a more calm manner to resolve the situation without physical contact. Keep in mind I said "might". I most likely would have done the same exact thing sober, if not worse. But there is a slim chance I could have spared her the agony of a broken nose had I been sober. Nevertheless, I will pay to have her nose fixed and dare she antagonize me in such a way again, I will do far worse to her than a broken nose. 

Comments

  1. EXCUSE ME?! I am so furious that you didn't even tried to apologize! You are a coward who beats a woman for another woman. I understand that we both had a little drink that day and we didn't know what we were doing or saying, but that attitude! I wouldn't realize what you really think about me until I read this! What on earth did I do that made you say these ugly words to insult me? Am i just an object that satisfies your desire?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I was Feeling... When I Broke Myrtle's Nose

Why I... Cheated on Daisy