What I was Feeling... When I Cheated on Daisy

"The fact that he had one [a mistress] was insisted upon wherever he was known. His acquaintances resented the fact that he turned up in popular restaurants with her and, leaving her at a table, sauntered about, chatting with whomever he knew" (2.3-4).

What I was feeling... 
To be frank, I began cheating on Daisy because I was feeling dissatisfaction. I wasn't receiving the attention from Daisy that I rightfully deserve. Even though Daisy and I had been wed and I possessed her all to myself, I was feeling lonely and almost, in some ways, I was feeling bored. Like I stated earlier, I am a man who thrives off of attention and excitement. I was feeling as though Daisy had become too comfortable around me and she wasn't acting as though she had to impress me for my love every moment of every day. So rightfully, I sought after that sort of attention from another woman. Daisy was making me feel like I wasn't good enough for her. And I know that I am perfectly suitable for any and every woman. I was feeling disrespected in a way. I had heard the things she was saying on our wedding day. I was well aware of her doubts in this relationship, and I can't lie, that hurt me a little bit. Nevertheless, she married me and therefor, she is obligated to provide me with the attention I desire every waking moment of every day. 
I had also been feeling a sense of jealousy. I could have cut off my affair with Myrtle but more recently, I had been hearing constant rumors about Gatsby pursuing my wife. Whether or not that was true, something was up with Daisy and I didn't like it. Someone was always trying to contact her on the telephone. She always seemed to sneak away from me at parties. And overall, her demeanor had changed and she was acting very suspicious. And so, out of jealousy, I continued pursuing Myrtle. If Daisy can have her secrets so can I. 

Comments

  1. How do you suppose that I feel when you're cheating on me? Do you love me, or even respect me? If it wasn't because of your money, I would have never married you. You're so arrogant and fake. If you have any consideration for our family and our daughter, you wouldn't do that.
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I... Broke Myrtle's Nose

What I was Feeling... When I Broke Myrtle's Nose

Why I... Cheated on Daisy